An Occasional Publication of The Kennebunk Inn
Since 1799 when The Kennebunk Inn was built, America has experienced a Civil War, World Wars and numerous periods of social/economic turmoil. In response to the current economic pressures, we are taking the following steps to assure that individuals and families, both local and distant, are able to enjoy the distinctive ambience and services of our inn while we move together to the better economic times ahead:
1. Enhanced Wine Value. We have reduced the prices on bottles of wine by as much as 40%; diners will find outstanding values for quality wines.
2. New Dining Hours. Academe’s hours are changing to Tuesday – Saturday from 11:30am to 9:00pm. The restaurant will be open continuously throughout these hours, providing mid-afternoon service in addition to the previous lunch and dinner options. Academe will be closed on Sundays and Mondays.
3. Full Service Menu. Dining patrons will have access to the full Academe menu rather than the limited menu previously offered on Sunday and Monday evenings.
4. Super Saver Sunday / Monday Room Rates. Beginning January 2009, Sunday and Monday room rates will be $20 off the applicable seasonal rate. For most Sundays and Mondays in 2009, this yields an exceptional room rate of $60.
5. $5 Dining Coupon. Overnight guests now receive a $5 coupon per room, applicable to any food item in Academe.
6. Other Room Rate Reductions. Room rates across all seasons for 2009 have been restructured. For example, Family Suites have been reduced by $10 per night in the July / August season, and the upgrade for Jefferson Rooms (king-size beds) has been lowered from $15 to $10 throughout the year
Academe Seasonal Entrée
Braised Beef Short Rib $24 … slow cooked bistro cut short rib with sweet potato soufflé and haricot verts.
Guest Comments – Near and Far
“Beautiful place, great staff, wish we could stay longer!” (Anny and Walt, MA) …“Great corn chowder!” (Stephen and Susan, WA) …“Great time; we will be back!” (Adin and Shelley, Nova Scotia) …“Great place, we enjoyed everything!” (Emily, CA) … “Great bathtub, made a wonderful stay!” (Ginger, NC) … “Great time!” (Catherine, MD) … “Beautiful Inn, had a wonderful time!” (Julia-Ann, MA) … “Fantastic!” (Shirley and Herb, FL) … “A very restful and enjoyable stay!” (Bill and Pauline, FL) … “Totally relaxing, friendly, delicious!” (Lori and Ron, NY) …“Best meal!!” (Ella, Israel) … “Excellent!” (Ed and Debi, TX)